Re: [BaadAssGremlins] coil springs over shocks

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] coil springs over shocks

A waste of time and money. They will put the weight of the car on the
upper and lower shock mounts breaking the upper or lower or both shock
mounts and possibly the upper cross member where the upper shock mounts.
ESPO has nice rear springs for a reasonable price. You can order
standard or HD springs from them.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- The other day, I found a kit at the local parts store which allows you
to install a small helper coil spring over a shock absorber.  The rear
of my 77 hornet is sitting a little low, and I was thinking of maybe
using one of these kits to raise it back to the stock ride height.  I
am curious if anybody has ever used these before, and how satisifed
you were with the results.  The springs are rated at 600 lbs each,
which I imagine may be a little more than I need, so I guess that I
would have to cut a coil or 2 from each spring to prevent the rear end
from being jacked up way too high.  Thanks for any input.

Thanks,
Dan

--- End Message ---