Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anyone have side pipes? Trendsetters or the like?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anyone have side pipes? Trendsetters or the like?

'The Mix' has Trendsetter Side exhaust on it. When the dealer originally installed them, I had already installed headers on the engine. They scratched their collective heads a bit and then had a local muffler shop make two S bent pipes and it was done. Problem with that was in 1973 no one (that I knew) made the correct headers for the Hornet/Gremlin chassis and the Javelin/AMX headers were really close to the ground due to the different height of the metal motor mount bracket that bolts to our engines. I used the dealer installed set-up for 2 years until I did the SBC thing (don't go there, It was fun and different). In 2004 I wanted the Trendsetter 'look' again but not the noise (real Trendsetter installation is pretty noisey) as these old ears just can't take hours and hours of that if I drive to any of the AMO events. I have now installed mufflers from Spin Tech (just like Flowmaster) out of CA in the factory location and they have the inlet and outlet on the front end of the muffler. I now have a free flowing exhaust exiting from the Trendsetter side exhaust and it sounds just right. This time I used factory freeflow exhaust manifolds (right hand side was a bit tricky as the fit is really close) but I'm sure the same could be done with headers.    Gary 'The Mix'

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS