Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 205 -vs- 215 70 Series Tires

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 205 -vs- 215 70 Series Tires

I run 28X9 slicks and 275/60/15's on my 72 with no trouble.
 Davis

BLDFW <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got a 72 Gremlin that I'm putting 14x7 AMC wheels
on. I want the tires to look beefy but want to stay
with 70 series for both appearance and better economy
than say a 65 or 60 series would provide. 215's are
the beefiest but I'm worried about clearance.

Decades ago when I had a 73, I had BF Goodrich Radial
TA's 70 Series tire, probably 195's on a 14x6 rim and
seem to recall occasionally the front tire, either
side, would scrape against the rear of the well when
in tight cornering. Sometimes it would even scrape
the inner edge at the top of the wheel opening, again,
either side.

Anyone have 215x70x14's on their AMC? Are you having
clearance problems?

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin (gutted and still ready for paint)
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible