[BaadAssGremlins] It's Grill Resto Time.

[BaadAssGremlins] It's Grill Resto Time.

As with everything on this car since I bought it nothing is ever easy.
My Dr. says working on this car is good exercise and therapy for me.
Having gotten out of the Dr's at 1:00pm it was a balmy 40 degrees and I
thought i'd just take a nice drive. I stopped at my friends shop to see
if he could take out my grill tomorrow so I could do the resto on it.
Nothing major just a clean up and repaint the grill where the factory
painted the silver. He was slow so he took it out today. He jury rigged
the turn signals so I could drive the car legally. I thought I had a
perfect grill but the area for the plugs for the turn signal mounting
screws is broken. These are similar to the pop in plastic license plate
ones on the bumper that the screws go into. Nothing major to fix but a
few more hours of added work. Since this is a late 74 car it has a 75
grill in it. I have a mint 73-74 grill in my garage but don't have the
headlight doors for that grill. Besides I like the 75 grill in this car.
Tomorrow I will make the 1"X1" wooden jig to screw the grill to so it
will not be damaged while I work on it. 32 year old plastic has a
tendency to be brittle and I don't need to break it. The second
headlight door needs to be cleaned up and clear coated and will be
finished tomorrow. The grill should take me anywhere from 10 day's to 2
weeks to complete depending on how many hours I work on it each day. The
!@#$%^&* arthritis in my hands is giving me serious trouble due to the
weather so that may slow me down a bit too. All in all the car is really
shaping up nice.
"Doc"