Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Prepping Plastic Parts For Painting (Bill)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Prepping Plastic Parts For Painting (Bill)

Bill the brand of the stripper is SEM and it says on the can No# 39913
Bumper Stripper. It says on the can not designed to strip off OEM baked
finishes. Strips most refinish materials off most bumpers. The guy I
bought the AMX flairs off of said they were painted with Dupont Centari
acrylic enamel and it removed the paint quite easily without damaging
the flairs so it should remove the cheap rattle can paint you have on
there. Like I said do a test on a small piece to make sure it won't
damage the plastic parts. I hunted for 1 1/2 years to replace the
plastic parts I could not repair before before I even started to do the
interior. It retails for 12$ a can plus tax but I got it through a
friend for 8$ a can. I left the house for th lawyers at 8:30 as the snow
started and in 2 1/2 hours till I got back home the roads were
treacherous. Good thing that old 77 Chebby beater is good in the snow
and the lawyers office is only on the other side of town. We only ended
up with about 1 1/2 inches instead of the 5-7 they were calling for. My
mother is in a nursing home and I am her guardian and this is my lawyer
that does the filing of papers for me through the courts. Courts are
worse than lawyers. :-(
"Doc"