To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Bradley Jones <wagonmasterx5@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:28:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Hornet Headlight Switch & Fuel Gauge

The thing about AMCs, is that they were tightwads and tried to save a buk where ever they could. That's why parts from so many cars will interchange. My doors and front seats are out of an '82 Concord. I've got a black dash (entire unit) out of a Gremlin that will be going in hopefully this summer.  If I decide to go with a floor shift, I have the tilt wheel out of an Eagle.  Been collecting parts for a few years. It;s about time to start replacing them.

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Brad. My car is a combination of different year Hornet parts I
liked over the years so it actually looks stock except for the button
and tufted door panels. The Javelin buckets I added are similar to the
Hornet ones I could not find upholstered with the stock 74 Hornet seat
insert material. I added a tac where the clock went and an under package
tray factory gauge pod with 3 Auto Meter gauges, water temp and oil. I
also added a 73 Hornet "X" steering wheel. I added an early Hornet front
fender Bee to the radio delete panel with double stick tape and made my
own Hornet emblem where the one was missing on the glove box door. The
exterior will just have the stock factory double pin stripe and stock 74
Hornet emblems with 77 AMC flairs and louver added painted the factory
color. The Western Turbine style wheels are very similar to the AMX
turbine wheels with a few more ribs and  phony 3 spoke knock off. I made
emblems for the center of the knock offs using the AMC R/W/B emblem
below the hatch as a template and painted the ribs between he ribs on
the wheels orange to match the car.  It has raised white lettered BFG
T/A radials for tires. Slightly smaller ones on the front for sway bar
and fender clearance. All in all I am very pleased with the looks of the
car. The light smoke orange tint that was applied to the side windows
yesterday compliments the orange paint. I was going for the subtle look
on this car versus the flamed, panel painted, pin stripe, flared and
louvered job on my yellow car ala the 1970's when I last panted it. It
turns out the subtle look I was going for on the orange car catches more
attention than the flamed yellow car ever did. When I visited my mother
yesterday at the nursing home I had 4 people comment on how nice the car
looked before I had the windows tinted. To bad  can't drive the car for
2 days now as I can't roll down the windows till the tint dries. I have
the drivers window open even in the winter with the heater on and open
in the summer with the A/C on. Call me strange.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS