From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:07:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

Gary,
 The later fenders do not work so well on early gremlins. The grille area on the fender does not have the bottom hole as you pointed out, but the top hole is too far back. To get it to line up properly you will have to weld a tab onto the front of the fender and drill a hole for the upper screw. There isn't enough fender for the early grille on the late fender. The indentation is shallower.

 Also there is a grille mounting bracket on the inside of the head light bucket on the fender on early gremlins and it is not there on later models.
 I have both styles of gremlin fenders and grilles here.
Davis

themixtoo@xxxxxxx wrote:
Earlier fenders ('70-'73) only require you to drill a hole in the lower corner to screw in the bottom headlight door cover. Don't get excited all '70 thru '76 Gremlin and '70 thru '72 Hornet fenders are interchangeable.  Gary