Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Drivers Class

Hey Paul I built many of those pinewood derby cars with my 2 sons. We
had races every year at the church picnic. I still have the last one I
built. A few years back a guy on the AMX Files used a pinewood derby car
and built it into a Grant Rebel SST F/C.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Exactly my sentiment. I was a scout leader for years and ran the pinewood derby We would allways give 1st thru 4th frontways and then 1st thru whatever backwards. One year my kid came in 4th place and was so proud of himself. It wasn't till a few years later and he was a little sharper that he commented one day that Hey dad we yeally got our buts kicked that day.  LOL  , but we had fun    Paul

Terry.Atkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
That was interesting what Buick did for the drivers class. I don't know if I
read it right. First you have to drive from where you live to the show. That
makes since. I noticed that rust didn't count against you. That kind of made
since too while I guess if you had one in great condition you would put it in
some other class. Sounds like they are trying to get owners of classic Buicks
and their cars there no matter what condition the cars are in. I like that.
The part that I didn't get was the judges didn't have any kind of sheets with
them when they judged the cars but they were going to give everyone a written
statement why they didn't win. That didn't make much since to me. Oh well
while I find the judging interesting it really doesn't effect me. This is the
first nationals I have been to in seven years and it might be my last unless
they have another one close to me. If I ever put on a AMC, which I am not so I
am really talking out my ***** I would do it like they do in the Special
Olympics. Give out three trophies for the top three places then give out a
small one for everyone that shows up. Everyone comes in forth place. You
deserve something just owning an AMC.
Terry