Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic Grill Repair & Plastic Parts In General

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic Grill Repair & Plastic Parts In General

I have 5 grilles to repair so I will let ya know how the new setup works out. I have a parts grille also to practice on before I take on the real thing. I have parted out a few gremlins and I have a ton of parts but I have been picking out as much NOS or close to NOS parts for my gremlin then I will save another whole setup for a future gremlin and sell the rest. I have atleast 10 gremlin tail light sets.

 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Like I said on the Plastic Welder I have seen them in Eastwoods catalog
and they are not cheap, For me it was to expensive for my needs and my
previously mentioned repair methods have worked fine for me. If I was
doing a lot of work it probably would be worth it. When you get one let
us know if it works on the rubbery type plastic such as kick panels and
some sail panels. I have never found a repair method for these rubbery
plastic panels. I have tested all my known methods including the JB Weld
and nothing works. I think Rick was looking for a repair method for some
rubbery interior parts for his Gremlin a while back. I was lucky in that
a friend who puts on the Ardsley show who lives 6 blocks away was
parting out an old Con. Ed. Service Gremlin car gave me a lot of the
black interior plastic parts that were almost like new. It was a non-AC
car without a package tray. I used the shot kick panels for a template
to drill the holes for the package tray.
"Doc"