Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Would I pay.....??

 A better bit of money spent was buying a pickup truck load
of doors, hood, tail lights, trim bumper inserts, emblem, headlight
doors, a front bumper and assorted parts from Davis for 450$ delivered I
think. He also put me onto a set of NOS fenders for 400$ for my yellow
car. The reason some drivable cars are junked is that no one wants to
buy them as was the case with the Hornet Davis had, so he parted it out.
 Doc,
 You are right. that 74 hornet only had 52K miles on it and it needed outer rockers, and minor quarter work. It was a nice 2 door. I tried for over a year to sell it complete for as low as 200 bucks and no takers! But when it came time to part it the care was unfortunatly worth alot more in parts. I got the car for free and the money i made from parting it went to buy more gremlin parts. I am a stay at home Dad right now and have been out of work since august so the only way I can afford to get stuff for my gremlin is by buying and selling parts and cars. I sold my 70 drag gremlin so I could start the build up of a real 500 HP pump gas motor for my black 72 gremlin.
 I was able to use one of the Moser axels from my old BBO Amc Team Gremlin in my gremlin. I sent the moser (needed straightened) and the long stock axel and a new bearing I got from Bill. All freebies. to Moser and for 250 bucks they straightened and recertified their axel and made a new axel to match the stock so I ended up with 2 nice moser 31 spline axels with new bearings, and new 3" wheel studs. That would have cost me over 460 bucks.
 Just an example of how I save and afford some of my stuff.
 Next I am trying to sell my 69 AMX so I can finish payinmg off my engine build.
 I also have a few 70-73 gremlin X grilles that I plan to restore and sell. I will be getting a plastic welder soon for that project. I found that the Plastic Weld system epoxy doesn't hold up to the violence of racing. So I am gonna try to actually weld the plastic instead.
 Davis

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS