Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Another Small Project

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Another Small Project

Doc,
 You really have come a long ways with that car!
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
It's time to replace the sun scorched, crumbling, peeling paint rubber
insert between the rear bumper and body. Luckily I got a set the same
color as the car from Davis last year in almost perfect shape so I don't
have to paint them. They did however need a little TLC to make them look
like brand new. A cleaning with prepsol, a polishing with Dupont course
orange compound, then Dupont fine white compound and then a nice waxing
with Mothers and they look like brand new. Of course doing the 3 pieces
that make up the rear filler took about 3 1/2 hours to clean up. I had
to get away from the last door sill I was working on even for just one
day. The car will go to my friends shop tomorrow to have the filler
installed. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have the last door
sill finished. That is the last thing the interior needs to be finished.
Then it is onto cleaning up and installing the new front bumper filler.
Then next comes stripping and painting the 77 AMX fender flairs. The car
should be looking really good for the Ardsley show in late spring.
Finally after over 2 1/2 years of hard work and a bunch of money I have
somthing to show for it.
"Doc"