[BaadAssGremlins] headers

  I had a 69 Javelin SST with a 390. I had 14's and
15's, and the car had a nice suspension on it. I put
on a set of Doug Thorleys from right off the wall at
Super Shop, like 80 bucks. They were right against the
shock towers, and you had to wedge 'em in at just the
right moment when you were dropping the engine in.
They mainly scraped on those ramps on the sidewalk, or
sometimes speed bumps. I couldn't seal 'em for
nothing. I got two tickets for noise, and then just
got real ones from Hooker welded up for like 400
bucks.(1981 bucks). Definitely watch your
undercarriage! Don't underestimate the downward force
involved when you come off a shift(push the clutch in
or the auto's plates slip) under power.

mike