Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Car lowering time. Need the scoop.

And don't forget a neat set of 13" AMC rims. They have the standard 5 lug 4.5" bolt pattern.  Put them 'little' drums on the front and some Brembo calipers on the rear, and add an adjustable proportioning valve it will look and stop fine.    'The Mix'

-----Original Message-----
From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:21:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Car lowering time. Need the scoop.

Check with Detroit Spring or Espo. You can't lower it to much as the
lower "A" frame will hit the chassis stop and the steering geometry will
be to far out to adjust properly. What you really need is a set of
dropped spindles which of course no one makes for an AMC. I have head of
some people making an adapter using a 1/2" steel plate and drilling
holes in it to match the spindle and steering knuckle then bolt it up to
make the spindle lower. You could also possibly go to an adjustable
McPherson strut front end. The next thing to consider is tire size,
wheel size 14 or 15 inch, wheel with and offset so you don't have any
tire rub. The proper shock travel may also be an issue as you don't want
them to bottom out. I had a front fender tire rub with a stock front end
height and it turned out to be tire size and wheel offset.
"Doc"

Attached Message