From: Onree
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:33 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] CarDomain Poll Results

Packard 320 was used in a few 1955 and 1956 Nashes and Hudsons. It was part of what was to be a cooperative program between AMC and Studebaker-Packard, then the deal kind of fell apart. The Nash-AMC V-8 (as a 327 and I think also a 215) was ready for 1957, the last year of the "full size" Nash and Hudson. I think you could still get the big 308 flathead Hudson six along with the new V-8s.
I remember for several years after that you could buy brand new, in the crate, Hudson sixes from JC Whitney's catalog. They were popular where I grew up in the Sandhills of Western Nebraska--they made great irrigation pump engines for farms and ranches.
Onree

on 1/31/06 7:25 PM, baadass73gremlin@xxxxxxx at baadass73gremlin@xxxxxxx did write: