Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: kammback

Ok, can live with that. I think that is where the confusion came/comes from.
But the 'sedan' or 'kammback looking thing' Paul original was looking at,
that body style hybrid did originate in 79. The Eagle body was indeed a
'Hornet on steroids' (actual comment from drive report) but AMC also was
totally focused on presenting this all 'new' car as a four wheel drive
American vehicle. It was marketed, and sold, as it's own entity, just like
the Jeep line has always been independent no matter who owned the moniker.

But read my post carefully, yes the Eagle did indeed debut as a full model
line. The SX/4 was a afterthought. So was Sundancer. However one can't count
Sundancer as they like a few other AMCs, was a conversion made by Griffith
in Florida. There were 17,340 SX/4s made in 81, and 5603 Kammbacks. I don't
know how many Eagle Sundancer, or Concord AM-TC Sundancers were made, and
don't think anyone knows.

In 1980 the Eagle was marketed in AMC Brochures as the American Eagle -- in
later years back to the AMC Eagle.  AMC logos did begin to fade away in the
last two years.  The dealer brochure, for '88, which was just a B&W tri fold
piece of paper which supplemented the '87 brochure mentions the Eagle
available thru the American Motors Sales Corporation.

Ever want to have fun, try finding anything for a 'AMC' Eagle at auto parts
stores. None of them have anythign AMC for 1988, so you have to go back to
86, 87 if you want parts to see if they stock anything, even simple crap
like air filters.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825