[BaadAssGremlins] Re: kammback - only about 2,000 produced over 2 years.

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: kammback - only about 2,000 produced over 2 years...Spirit version?

 <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:

> Those are rather rare Paul, and...I believe that Kammback lasted
only a few years and ...not a whole lot of them sold. I probably have
the production figures here somewhere could dig up for you.

 I believe they were '79 and '80 models? IIRC, it was about 1,800 +
the first year, and 200 + the last/2nd year ( I'm thinking SPirit
only, not 4x4 ). Not many made at all. What I'd thought would be neat
is get some body-colored perforated window tint film, the kind that on
the outside looks sorta solid, but you can see thru the dotted holes
on the inside, and cut it to match the Gremlin rear quarter outline on
the bigger Kammback side glass. That way, it looks like a Gremlin, but
has the advantage of being able to see out the glass still. There is
one in a sort of "local" yard in Virginia which has a Kammback Spirit,
beige, missing left front axle or brake hardware only, might still be
in decent, restoreable shape. Last time I messed with it ( 7 years
ago? ), the window on the driver side was rolled down, so I rolled it
back up and shut the door fully. Hoped to save it from rot. Never know
if I might go back one day to get it, could still happen. LOL. Not til
I pare down my other projects FIRST< though.
  Anyway, they're neat cars, but don't have the impact a Gremlin does,
but with that side glass treatment I thought of, I think it'd change
the character enough to be "cool". Go for it, Paul.

Jerry