Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:11 PM
Subject: Transmission Conversion

Eddie,

My T-10 has bit the dust.  I?m wanting to replace it with either a Richmond gear GM style, or a Tremac.  Not sure which way to go.  I?ve heard that the Tremac may call for some tunnel adjustments.  If so, I think I?ll opt for the Richmond, unless the adjustments are minor.

I know I can buy either a Richmond T-10, 5-speed or 6-speed and mount it using the Lakewood scattershield.  However, I still have some outstanding questions.  Talking to Lakewood and centerforce, I should be able to use my existing pressure plate and just change out the clutch disk.  As far as I pilot bearing, they?re telling me I can use a GM pilot bearing and turn it down to match the 401 crank.  The only real outstanding questions are concerning the throwout bearing and the fork.  I?ve sent Richmond an email, but have not got a response.  Do you know if the AMC pilot bearing is compatible?  If not, what do I use as a replacement to keep the stock fork?

Do you know anybody that I can contact, that has made this modification?

Jason

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS