[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin wanted/ Why?

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin wanted/ Why?

Doc, I believe what you are saying is that 'it is a common courtesy' which
indeed....it is....just like me commenting on my site about people who don't
send a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) if they wish for a reply. A
majority of vendors won't reply if no SASE. I wrote a article for Old Cars
Weekly abuot this and it raged for weeks years ago. Both sides of coins, as
you had those who said 'they must not need the business if they don't reply'
but the bottom line was (and dozens backed me up on this before it finally
died) was that it simply keeps costs down. And most figured the person that
sent the no-SASE was not serious to begin with otherwise they would have
'splurged' for a stamp. Lose a possible sale? Not at all was the consensus.
Times had changed from when stamps were cheap. Just got another wake up call
and had to adjust many of my ebay auctions from $3.95 shipping to $4.05
shipping as the USPS whittles away more for Priority Mail, not to mention a
stamp above from 37 to 39 cents now.

I think this has also been brought up on the amc-list numerous times also,
as few people have a location below their name. Some like it that way,
others like to know where others are from. Me, I have it in my signature,
not location, but phone, email and website, figuring folks can figure out I
am in Houston, but still get people asking where I am at all the time!

You know this might be a combination of several things however Doc, one
would be the problem of ID theft. Two, and possibly a bigger factor is on
the internet, people commonly use assumed names, aliases. And three, it just
might be a sign of the times we live in where manners are not high on a lot
of folks lists, I honestly don't know.

Speaking of Nigerians and Lottos, I won three lottos and had a number of
'job offers' and 'friends' email me today. This is just
TODAY......................
WINNING NOTIFICATION:

JOB OFFER BASED ON COMMISSION AND MUTUAL BENEFITS!!!

PAYMENT ADVISE

business proposal

IMPORT/EXPORT REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED

READ ME NOW AND ACT FAST

CONFIRM NOTIFICATION

GOODDAY

PLEASE HELP

and I still have 3 1/2 hours to go, and the 'barrage' of them usually come
in late from 10pm on since it is daylight on the other side of the world
where those are originating.

Anyhows, yup, it would not hurt if people put where they were at, but my
guess is it is a combination of things/factors as to why people don't put
more of their information out there on the internet in ads.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx