[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremln: (was: Is anyone going to the Amo e

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremln: (was: Is anyone going to the Amo event in ohio this year?)

Terry, part of the fun is just being there....with your AMC. Unless it is
Mitchell, no one will diss your car. I can't tell you the times thru the
years people have brought cars out to AMC meets and others are more than
happy to say 'hey I see you need a grill, that vendor over in section B-9
has a NOS one cheap' or 'where are you from? I know a good paint/body man
(or chrome place, or interior place, or suspension place, or performance
place, insert own here) near you'.

If concerned about the engine bay, go to a dollar store like I do and get
several cans of engine cleaner, that foamy crap works wonders, then hit it
with a sprayer, I go to the car wash and pop it with 800 lb pressure, you
would be surprised the shit flying out from under the hood. Last time there
was a nest of possums, three illegal immigrants, some old leftover tacos I
cook on the intake manifold, a dead sparrow that got sucked into the
incomplete Ram Air system, two screwdrivers (hey, gimme those) several
emissions lines, the breather lid, it was MAYHEM.

Maybe I should tell ya'll about operating a cutting torch, but better not as
we have a Fire Ban here in Texas due to drought.

As for paint, a cheap paint job from Maaco will do wonders for your car
also. No one says you need to do a concourse $5K-$10K paint on it. My white
1982 Eagle custom wagon shown here was painted by Maaco in 1992.....that was
14 years ago.......over 100,000 miles ago......and over 100 AMCs ago. Still
looks great in 2006. Total cost, no bodywork? $450. Something to think
about! Take care,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825