Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Some Winter Parts Restoration Projects.

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Some Winter Parts Restoration Projects.

Doc  When you restore these sills do you use hammer(s) and a flat surface to remove dents? would like to do mine but have never attempted it before. Sounds like a project you could be proud of.  Paul

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
With the car in the upholstery shop getting the seats done finally I
have 2 last items to restore to totally complete the interior, the
aluminum door sill plates. I picked 2 of the best out of the 6 I have.
It will be a tedious job picking out the dings and dents, sanding out
the nicks and scratches and polishing them. What better time than right
now since I don't have the car and it is winter. I now have all the
supplies to use the Eastwood platting kit to plate the hatch guide pin I
made. The rear window louver should be back from the media blaster next
week, so I can start prepping that to paint. I have the stripper to
strip the urethane 77 AMX fender flares, the flexible primer to paint
them with and the orange paint and the flex additive to paint them with.
Being disabled and not working gives me plenty of time to do all this
although at about 1/10 the speed I did such things 15 years ago. Happy
New Year everyone.
"Doc"

Yahoo! Photos

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS