[BaadAssGremlins] Over The River And It Was Almost One On The Roads Yest

[BaadAssGremlins] Over The River And It Was Almost One On The Roads Yesterday

Over the river and through the flooded parkway to my daughters house for
Christmas we go. Everyone already knows out of the 5 cars me and my son
have only my orange Hornet was usable to go to my daughters for
Christmas. If it snowed we would have stayed home. This was the first
small trip I have taken the car out for in almost 11 months other than
around town since last week when I got it out of my friends garage. Many
small mod's and repairs have been made in the last 11 months.  Rain was
forecast. Since it was only rain and this car is not a fair weather
driver or trailer queen. I used it. Unfortunately when we left the house
the rain started really heavy and let up when we got to my daughters 1/2
hour later. Same deal when we left to go home it came down real hard
again and the 70 year old highway we used is known for flooding. I am
sure glad I changed this car to a 100 amp Delco alt. with the lights on,
the defroster blowing, the wipers on high all the lights were bright and
the volt meter showed a steady 14.5 volts. The other car with the 35
amp. Motorola barely could keep everything going and was slow and dim at
that. The tire rub on the front is now cured but now with my wife and
son in the rear seat the car bottoms out on a hard bump and the rear
tires rub just a little. I have the HD 5 leaf ESPO rear springs with HD
gas shocks. Not being familiar with metric size tires I have the
equivalent of E-78-14's BFG radials on the front and E-60-14's on the
rear. The car sits level. The huge puddles on the side of the highway on
the trip home made the trip a little treacherous as when the tires hit
them it tried to jerk the wheel out of my hand. These tires are way to
wide for a car of this size and weight in the rain but make it stick
like glue to the road when it is dry. I have the same size tires on the
other Hornet. I also have the V8 sway bar in the front. What's that
saying "Trial By Fire" this was trial by water. Normally I would not
drive in such rain but I had to take the wife and my two sons and a
hatch full of Christmas presents to my daughters for my grandsons first
Christmas. It's nice to know  the 10,000$  I spent in the last 2 years
on this car was well worth it. What modern used car can you by now for
10,000$ ? a Honda or a poser front wheel drive GM?  I hope everyone had
as merry Christmas as I did seeing my grandson and driving my Hornet in
the same day. Wednesday the Hornet goes to the upholstery shop to have
the seats finally done. :-)~~~
"Doc"