[BaadAssGremlins] valve question

Matt has a valve question below, thanks in advance to anyone who can help
out with it, be sure to also copy your reply to him at v6bmw325@xxxxxxx as
he is not a member at the moment of the badassgremlin or amc-list groups.
Thanks,
Eddie Stakes
i have a question you or someone you know might be able to answer. i have a
mid seventies 304 engine, which already has the decent dog leg ports i
assume. my question is what is the biggest valves i can put in it without
having to notch the bores at the top? all i want is a high 13 low 14 second
street engine. valve length and stem width would be helpful also. everyone
says to build a 360, but i see no reason why a 5.0 amc engine wont run the
times of a street 5.0 mustang. do you agree? let me know if you can and
thanks again, happy holidays to you and yours. oh yeah, its going in a 69
javelin. thanks again, matt dorn
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825