From: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] weird noise

I would highly suggest to inspeact your tires first, tires nowadays seem to
have dead spots. I just bought four new Discount Tires and on the sides of
them you can see indentations like they were sitting on a rack since 1990.
Something else you might want to quickly check is the lug nuts. The reason
why is recently I took a car to Mike's Muffler Shop here, have given them a
lto of business since the 90s. These dumbasses didn't tighten up the lugs on
my 72 Ambassador SST wagon, and driving home (and thank God I went back
streets, not I-10 in front of store) I heard this thump thump thump. I got a
mile home and almost right in front of my house, the rear driver side tire
fell off, and under the car. I was livid and called them and they sent a
gopher to jack it up, and put it back on, my car was in the middle of the
road for about 15 minutes. I never went back either to Mikes Muffler Shop.

But both of those are two easy things you can check. Another would be to
take the car to a big parking lot like mall or church with no people, and go
in circles, brake, turn, accelerate, and keep ears tuned.

I have not really followed this thread so just speculating. Something else
could be a big nail, or possibly the tire has been plugged at some time in
it's life, those damned plugs will make a thump noise until they wear down.
Another thing is possibly a brake part like spring gave way.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx