[BaadAssGremlins] Down To One Usable Car Out Of 5 For the Christmas Week

[BaadAssGremlins] Down To One Usable Car Out Of 5 For the Christmas Weekend

With me and my youngest son are the only drivers in the house and owning
6 cars, 5 licensed and on the road it looks like we are down to one
usable car for the Christmas weekend. Me and the wife and 2 son's go to
my daughters for Christmas dinner the last few years since she is
married and bought a house. Nice that it is a 30 minuet drive one way.
My yellow Hornet is now a 2 seater due to the 12 point roll cage, My
sons 72 Javelin would hold all of us but the trunk is to small to hold
the presents, my Malibu winter beater is just that a rusty, dented up
old POS beater. The 11,000 original mile 1984 "K" car wagon I gave my
son has some rear axel and front wheel drive train noises and is going
into my friends shop to see what the problem is today. I don't know if
it will be fixed by Christmas. That leaves my orange Hornet still in my
friends shop. The interior is done except for the seats which have the
cheap pull over/tie on bucket seat covers. I just have to clean out the
tools and supplies I use to work on the car out of the hatch area to
make room for Christmas presents. It has only been out of my friends
shop for only 2 days the end of last october since last feb. of 05 when
I started to seriously work on and assemble the interior. It will be the
first time my wife and oldest son will see all the work I did on the
interior. We used the car last year for the Christmas run to my
daughters. My oldest son commented on what a rag the original interior
was. He will be pleasantly surprised now even though he is not a car guy
on how it looks now. I will swap my yellow car at my friends shop for
the Christmas weekend so the orange one can be parked in my garage at my
house. It will be nice to drive the orange car again even if only for a
weekend before it goes back to my friends shop for more work. The down
side is if it snows I won't drive period but the orange & yellow cars
are in a garage. The Malibu beater is for after the snow stops. On a sad
note I shaved my pure white 12 inch long Santa beard down to a Wolf
Blitzer stubble yesterday. I usually cut it down to that once a year in
April when I look like the guy from ZZ top almost. It's the first time
in 25 years. After all this time I am tired of the hey Santa this and
hey Santa that. Maybe people will leave me alone now. I even had a
stranger tell me 5 years ago his 25 year old son saw Santa driving a
yellow Flamed Hornet. Ho Ho Ho, No presents for anyone this year Santa
spent his whole 10,000$ budget on one of his orange Hornet in the last 2
years. :-)~~
"Doc"