Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 gremlin light switch

can you send me a pic of that screw that held it in
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 gremlin light switch

I am confused. What held the light switch in before you painted the
dash? All AMC light switched I have seen in Hornet's and Gremlins are
held in with that strange flat head with a screwdriver slot nut/bolt
what  ever you want to call it. 99% of all the plastic parts whether
they are hard or flexible plastic in my latest interior project were
painted with SEM dye. It can be used on plastic, cloth or vinal
depending on what base prep you use. I even used it to change the
headliner from puke tan to black. On the plastic parts I clear coated
them with 2 coats of semi-gloss SEM after painting them black. I used it
on my last interior job on my yellow Hornet 5 years ago and it still
looks like the day I did it. Hard plastic parts that I painted gloss on
my dash were  cleaned or stripped with Castrol Super Clean scuffed with
600# sand paper, primed with black Plasti-Cote sandable primer, scuffed
again and painted with Sherman Williams gloss black enamel. When dry for
a few weeks I rubber the parts out with a paste made from Colgate Tooth
Paste and Corn Starch. You cannot use regular rubbing compound on spray
can enamel because the toluene and other chemicals in the compound will
ruin the paint.
"Doc"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS