Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 gremlin light switch

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 gremlin light switch

There should have been a flat head screw in those threads. Once the knob and shaft are removed, it would have to be unscrewed to get the light switch out of the dash. Check around, it has to be there somewhere.

As far as painting the plastic, there are several members that have done this. I removed the old paint by soaking the plastic instrument panel in Castrol Super Clean. It was a trick I learned from Doc. Just keep the part saturated. Once the paint is off, clean it good with warm water and a red Scotch-Brite. If the part is black and has never been painted, scuff it up with a Scotch-Brite pad and it's ready for paint.

There are paints on the market specifically developed for plastic......even vinyl kick panels. I, myself have had real good luck using a high temp paint from a local parts house. It gives me the finish I like and adheres very well (even without primer) to the dash pieces.

Doc can probably fill you in with other prep and paint methods. He is the master.

Good luck.

Rick

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS