Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hey Davis

Doc,
 The original cost was 100.00 from the junk yard. I lucked out and the bottom end bearings were in passable condition. If your engine needs a rebuild it will raise the cost considerable. But starting with a decient engine:
 head gaskets ROL .036 $75.00 ebay
Gasket set 32.00 ebay
 freeze plug kit 12.00
 Milodon oil pan 299.00
 Milodon oil pick up 36.00
 AMC Team race oil pump kit 220.00
 Isky Cam (Custom grind) 140.00
 Summit lifters 48.00
 Hardened pushrods 26.00
 roller rockers 199.99
 valve springs 100.00
  push rod guide plates 80.00
 summit roller timming set 42.00
 319291-c heads ported ??? 600.00 or free if you do it.
 ARP head bolts 80.00
 MSD billit distributor 229.00
 msd 6 al 249.99
 msd pro coil 111.00
 accell wires 26.00
 accell plugs 16.00
 Torker intake 75.00 used
 holly 650 DP 75.00 used
 holly rebuild kit 48.00
 Headman headers 119.00
 moroso crome valve covers 48.00
 Total is 2386.00 not including head port work and not including engine purchase price.

 This cost can be reduced by parts you may already have and you can substitute some items or get deals on used items.
 It would be possible but not reccommended to substitute the ignition for stock electronics. I would try to purchase the MSD distributor used as well as the 6-al ignition box used. (I am using a msd 7-al2 ignition box that I paid 100 bucks for (349.00 new) Distributor I bought new as was the coil.) For a coil get a used msd  or accell coil.
 The heads need to be ported and if you start with a good set of 291-c heads you get better higher compression (51cc combustion chambers) The had gaskets are thinner which also raises compression ( stock is .045 )
 Buy used roller rockers and save there also.
 Just work your best deals on what you buy.( also you can use stock valve covers)
 I lucked out on lots of the stuff I got. I paid 300 for the heads, roller rockers, pushrods, guide plates, and arp head bolts. The heads have been extensivly reworked with bigger valves, profesionally ported and polished, milled flat(50cc) If you had them done it would be close to the cost of just buying edlebrocks aluminums but mine flow better still.

What you can't skimp on is the oiling system. Buy the oil pan and pick up used if you can but you must use the AMC Team pump.The pump requires the deep pan and pickup.  That is the sole reason my engine has lived thru the 6500 rpm abuse It has gotten.
I am a distributor for the oil pumps, timming covers, and  distributor gear and cam gear sets.
 So I hope this helps.
 Anyone wishing to discuss exact details of my build or changes to customise parts for your intended use I am more then willing to help. Give me a call on my cell
 860-997-2732
 Davis Martin
 Amc Team

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
How much money have you got in your 360 total not including the original
price of the engine? I am looking to budget some money for my engine
swap.
"Doc"