>>  Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:32:32 EST
   From: twa1950@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: hatch struts

Plax,
    Don't know how bad of shape yours are in but if
they  won't hold
the back
glass up here is an idea. My 77's wouldn't hold the
back  glass up when
I got
it and it was only 3 years old. What the guy had done
was  drilled a
small
hole in the rod, He drilled it though the black piece
into the  silver
part.
Then he kept a small nail back there to put in it when
you wanted  to
keep the
glass open. I can't remember for sure but I don't
think I ever fixed
it. The 77
and the 78 hatch shuts are different. That surprises
me but it really
shouldn't. While the 77 and the 78 looked identical
there was a whole
lot of
differences between the two cars.
Terry

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." -- Douglas Adams

http://farechase.yahoo.com