Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Was Custom / Now Gas Mileage

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Was Custom / Now Gas Mileage

Actually Doc, I was pleasantly surprised that 151cid four banger has lots of
pep in it. I never have been a fan of four cylinder anything either.
Recently when we went down to Corpus Christi for my dad's funeral (he passed
away October 30th, and thanks to those of you who offered condolences on and
off here) I rented a Ford Focus. Looks like a little Pacer. Great gas
mileage even with AC on (it was mid 80s all week). I never looked under the
hood but would have to guess it is a four banger also. Lots of pep, just
like the Eagle.

The 81 Eagle wagon is not that heavy either. This 81 weighs about as
much....or less, than a 68-70 AMX. About 3200 lbs, will have to check the
title. It's not a heavy car and I can even push it with one hand in the
driveway which I learned recently. I believe the factory shipping weight on
it was in the 3100-3300lb range. Add to that, or subtract, the no options it
don't have like AC, V8, even smaller things like roof rack delete, and that
stuff adds up weight wise.

But it is a neat low end vehicle, I don't see myself whipping the crap out
of a twin turbo Supra or other high powered four cylinder vehicles.  I
believe frank Swygert told me a few months ago that I could drop in a Chevy
350 into it as it would bolt up directly to the four speed. Not that I want
to do that, happy with the little beginners engine right now. Speaking of
gas, gas is $1.97 a gallon here in Houston at some locales.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx