[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Custom

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:

> Can any one tell me the difference between a regular Gremlin and a
custom
> Gremlin. I have seen a custom listed on some of the sites I have
pulled  up.
> Thanks
> Terry

  Terry, according to info in the Standard Catalog of American
Motors, the Custom had alot of the "custom" options that were
offeresd on other models like X and Levi's. I don't really see a
special "Custom" model offered, just some references to the Custom
Gremlin which would get package shelf, custom door and seat trim,
wheel lip mouldings, vinyl bucket seats up front. 6-cylinder Customs
could get a 4-speed manual floor shifter. The X package could only
be had on the Custom model, so it SEEMS that you had the base
Gremlin, Custom with options, then X or Levi's model stacked on top
for '77-78. Custom seems to go back as far as '71, believe it or
not. It seemed to become more of a "model" package by '74, whereas
earlier it just mentions Custom Interior package available on
earlier Gremlins. I've never run across it actually spelled out on
the car like the X or Levi cars, rather it just seems to be an
intermediate model update with classier options just under the X or
Levi models.
  Anyway, that's the scoop from a reliable source, hope that helps
out some.

 - Jerry Casper - 8 Gremlins in Virginia, none of them "Custom"
'71 Sunroof, '72 Sunroof, '74, '74, '74, '76, '78 GT, '78 GT