Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm back from surgery ...sorta.....headlight switc

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] I'm back from surgery ...sorta.....headlight switch on my Greml.in....long....

Joe,
 Glad to hear all went well.
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well.....I'm sorta back. I made it thru surgery Wednesday(obviously).
Feel like C R A P though!!!!!! Something about getting your abdomen
sliced open just don't work!!!! Finally this morning i felt like
climbing VERY SLOWLLLLYYYYY upstairs to my computer (2nd
floor).Anyway....wish i felt good enough, or my Dr would LET me go
out and atleast walk around in my garage. Ya know...smelling the
gas/oil/ols car parts would speed up my healing process!!I drove my
72 Gremlin the night before surgery. Weather was great so i HAD TO
drive it!! But..my #@$@#%^&$% headlight switch made a popping noise
when i turned the lights on. Dash lights went out. When I adjusted
the knob to try to regain my dash lights a small piece of something
fell onto my package tray under the dash. Of course i picked it right
up to see what it was(in the dark)...SHEEEETTTTT...burnt the #$$#%
out of my finger!! Part of the resistor spring like piece..SMOKED on
my finger...DUH!!!!! Are the 1972 headlight switchs the same as 60's-
70's fords? Sorry to ask but i've never had it out!! Wife's 74 AMX is
totally different from any other cars i've seen. Never had the one
out of my 67 Ambassador either. Will it be a pain to locate a QUALITY
one ? I just don't feel good enough to even call the store and answer
questions like ...YES... IT'S AN AMC GREMLIN!! The surgeon won't
even let me drive for TWO WEEKS. I need to get my other old cars up
to the gas station and fill up with stabil and gas before the
Illinois weather takes a dive.Sorry to post sooo long...But i'm BORED
and cannot even go LOOK at my car!!! Thanks alot,Joe