RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Room between the tubs.

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Room between the tubs.

Rod,

Personally, I **LOVE** this idea....how many such set ups have
ever been done before? Imagine...a car where the kids will argue
over who gets to sit in the BACK!

If at all possible, maybe you make that one rear seat from one
of your race buckets! You may have to elevate it a bit to get
some usable leg room, but 'til they really start to sprout up,
you should have enough head room for a while. It seems to me
width isn't really an issue yet...but that horizontal brace for
the roll bar will make entry/exit a nightmare. Can it be cut out
without sacrificing too much strength? Hey- maybe mount that one
rear bucket with hood-pin style pins, so you can yank it out
fast at the track, then slip it right back in for the trip to
school.

As for a bench up front, should be an easy find...check any
Hornet wagon or perhaps a late 60s Rambler. A quality-but-
affordable seat cover will match it to your car.

This is truly a case of being handed, not a problem, but an
opportunity. I say run with it and keep us all posted. Should
be wicked-cool. I want a ride when it's ready...and I'll
squeeze my a$$ into the back!

John W Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com

1971 AMC Javelin ADPS 401 (police car)