Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Thinking of selling the Gremlin.

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Thinking of selling the Gremlin.

Slap a 60/40 seat in the front and a niceduplicate 40 'tween those tubs with some sound deadener, carpet, and a CD changer then All can fit. Where there is a will there is a way, sometimes it just takes stepping back and taking a deep breath.
I would have thought Eddie a P.B.R. type of guy.

hemmigremmie <hemmigremmie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Schlitz beer n Judas priest!
We might have to do some partying one night Eddie!
As for the rear seat. Ive thought about that, but being tubbed out I
just dont know were to put it??? Not much room back there for
anything.
I guess I could put a bench seat back up front and customize a small
single seat between the wheel tubs for when all 4 of us cruise???
Can it be done?
I'll post a few more pics of the interior on my Gremlin and see what
you guys can help me think up. I'll post later when I add em to my
folder. Thanks for the amped up intrest. You are making me really
rethink this thru. :)  Rod.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:

> Rod, have you considered simply adding a back seat to the Gremlin?
It can be done and seems it would be the best of both worlds, you
keep the car, and girls get to ride with daddy to cruise nights and
car shows and watch people go 'cooooll!' when ya'll drive up. Only
reason I mention this is years ago (aw hell, 1976) I had a nice
little 70 Javelin but wanted a AMX. So I took out rear seat, cut
seat hinges/bolts, took out seat belts, wooded the rear panel, then
carpeted the whole area. Sort of a reverse of what I mentioned to
you above. Best thing about this was I could put a lot of stuff in
the back area like fat chicks. Or three skinny chicks. Or two
monster coolers filled with Schlitz Malt Liquor for a beach run. Or
lots of 8 tracks like Judas Priest, Bee Gees, April Wine, Styx, or
all of the above.

> Davis mentions that when the girls are 16 they won't want to ride
around with daddy because they have new interests. Yes....and no.
Chances are they won't want to be seen near a Gremlin and have a
restraining order on dad to keep his 'old car' at least 100 yards
from high school. On the other hand however, they will be TEENAGERS
and migth think that relic is the coolest thing since country gravy,
pokemon, my little ponies, NIN and text messaging. So they will mud
wrestle over who gets to drive it to school. Hey, again, they will
be teenagers and emotions change hourly.

> If you do sell it, Gremlins ain't growing on trees anymore and
somethin gi have written about since the 80s. And it has gotten
worse the past 7-10 years with record prices for steel, so we have
lost so much old cars of any marque, and shuold you decide later you
want another Gremlin or any AMC, might be difficult to even locate
one in 10-15 years. Hell, ain't the easiest thing in 2005 trying to
find 60s Ramblers and 70s AMCs.

> As for ebay, not everything sells on there, but it still costs you
$40-$50:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=4561296222&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:US:3

> I still would consider changing course and altering it to have a
back seat. Not stock, who gives a crap, have fun with it. Put some
nice speakers and modern radio in it so you can play some tunes the
girls will want to hear; take the Britney out of one of their iPods
and shove it in the new radio and watch their interest spark. New
tunes, new radio, new speakers, new back seat and chances are, new
interest in dad's old car.
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@xxxx
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> email volume is currently
> HEAVY; 7-12 day reply time;
> please call if important

AMX files, Then if you don't get any results in a week or so put it
on ebay, It cost akbout 40 bucks to sell a car on ebay.
>    How much do you want for it?
>      Let me tell you, It is sad to hear you comming to this
decision. I know of guys that have Javelins for that very reason.
Why not finish the Gremlin and take turns with the girls till you
can get a nice Javelin as a driver? It seems awful to give up your
dream. If you decide to sell it after it is done, atleast you will
have completed it have the satisfaction of driving it and realizing
your dream. Then you can sell, get more money and get a 4 seater to
play with. Also think of when your girls are 16 and no longer want
to ride arround with Daddy cause they have new interests....then
what will you do?