Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Orange Car Finally Driven Yesterday!!!!!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Orange Car Finally Driven Yesterday!!!!!!

Thanks Rick, most of the dash is from you. When I removed the original
one it practically crumbled in my hand it was so brittle. It is nice and
clean and almost stock looking now and black. I always liked the style
of these dashes with the round inst. holes versus the later squarish
ones. The only difference from stock is in place of the clock I have an
Auto Meter tac. In the middle of the radio delete plate you gave me I
mounted an early Hornet front fender bee emblem I got off of eBay that
had one stud broken off. I cut the other one off and used double stick
tape to mount it. On the glove box door the emblem was missing so I made
my own using a R/W/B AMC decal from a Rebel Machine Model and rub on
letters saying AMC Hornet Hatchback.  The last thing is I added a
factory gauge pod with 3 Auto Meter gauges. Oil pressure a volt meter
and a water temp gauge and a battery kill switch. The original pod had 4
gauges but I could not get small enough ones from Auto meter to do that.
All knobs are now modified polished billet aluminum. All in all it is
simple but tasteful. I have been getting compliments all the time from
the shop owners customers as they have witnessed the job from start to
finish. You will like what I have done with the dash parts you gave me.
Come to think of it you gave me the ign. switch too. Thanks to you and
all my friends here for parts and tips on where to get what I needed. I
got parts from all over the lower 48 in this interior.
"Doc"