Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Throw Away AMC's

Terry in the very late 70's to the mid 90's when the cookie cutter cars
started all the American makes just seemed to loose all sense of
American style or originality. To little to late to catch up with the
now ruling ricer's which everyone tried to copy. The American buying
public was not ready for these poor American copy's of car's which are
now known as internationally sold cars. And American quality was in
question too. GM and Ford had serious problems for lack of sales and we
all know about Das Mopar back then, AMC was all but finished except
Renault tried to use them to sell their Le Crap cars here. As a used car
for a beater I always bought mid 70's GM's which were always plentiful
and have one now for 9 years. They were good cheap cars and parts were
and still are not a problem. Due to the much lower AMC production no#'s
there were never any used AMC's for me to get one as a beater, not that
I would use a good one as a beater. A good example is my almost rust
free orange Hornet which I bought for 500$ and figured to spend maybe
2-3000$ more on to make a decent driver out of and am into it for
between  8-10,000$.
"Doc"