Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Concord AMX & more

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Concord AMX & more

Ralph contact me off list for the price of the flairs. Like I said
cheap-cheap as I have no use for them. I would also first try to find a
good set as the amount of labor and the price of the materials to repair
the ones I have might be more than paying the price for a good set that
just needs a clean up and paint. We are all friends here and I am not
trying to make any money on the deal. With the eBay tips and parts that
I have been given and have traded for here and bought from members it's
the least I could do. Consider them saved if you want them. They are on
top of the wife's Hutch in the hall, she's to short to look up and see
them. :-)~ She didn't see the upper and lower back seat cushions from my
yellow car there for 7 years. I just put them in my orange Hornet. :-)~
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- The owner tells me that the original car was silver and had no decal.
He painted it. Looks like the hood may or may not need to be
repainted. He wasn't that careful, as you can see red paint on the
dash on the drivers side.

Doc, I will check with my son on the fender flares. Please hold them
for me. How much do you want for them?

Eddie, I may want some of those items you have also. I'll let you
know.

Thanks for all the information on the rust. I'll have to check those
areas out when we get the car.
Ralph

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:

> Not a bad looking car for 810$. I think Eddie is right about the 78
> flairs next to impossible to find and just like the front air dam
on the
> 77 it is the one nobody seems to have or will part with it if they
do
> have it.  Being on line for 5 years I have only seen 3 sets of 77
Flairs
> with the front air dam intact. Since Rick on this group had given
me a
> lot of parts for my Hornet 2 years ago when I came across a
complete set
> including the intact front air dam for a 77 minus one rear flair I
put
> him onto the seller. He wanted the front air dam for his Gremlin.
The
> guy why god only knows broke up the set and sold Rick just the 2
front
> flairs and the air dam. I bought the rear window louver. Next time
was a
> year ago when some one here put me onto a complete set including
the air
> dam on eBay which I paid 175$ for plus shipping. It came with 3
extra
> flairs. I bought a rear window louver from the sellers brother and
other
> parts for my orange Hornet from each of them. One had parted out a
77 &
> the other a 78. I just bought a complete 77 set from John Rosa a
month
> or two ago just for the front air dam. The flairs were in fair
shape as
> John said since they were riveted and Bondo'd on the Hornet he sold
that
> the guy that is putting a brand "X" motor in it. The front air dam
was
> fine. I needed that for my yellow Hornet whose dam was damaged 20
years
> ago when I hit a chunk of snow and ice that fell off the underside
of a
> truck on the highway. If you can't find a 78 set and want the 77's I
> have minus the front air dam you can have them cheap as I have no
use
> for them. Be advised they are in fair shape and will need a fair
amount
> of work to make them presentable. These are made of a rubbery
plastic
> similar to the bumper covers on modern cars so now there are all
sorts
> of materials to repair them now that there wasent 20 years ago. The
main
> rust area in the floor to look for is mainly on the drivers side
foot
> well where the fire wall meets the floor pan and probably on the
pass
> side to but not as much. Also the front part of the rockers and the
> usual rear quarter wheel well rust. Also check the metal fuel lines
> coming from the tank. I had to replace a rear section of them on my
> friends 78 Concord 2 door sedan and his 78 AMX. I recommended
replacing
> the whole fuel line but he was cheap so I just replaced the rusted
> sections. I hope this helps. Good luck with the new car.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---