[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Concord AMX & more

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Concord AMX & more

Doc, Eddie, and Bart,
I can now take a deep breath and state that I convinced my son to
purchase this vehicle. It was listed on E-bay as item #8005401380 and
we got it for $810.00. So, take a look at it and look at the
questions underneath as they will explain what the original seller
didn't in his description. That's why he didn't have many bidders I
think. I hate the way that paint looks and it doesn't have any fender
flares. But, another one rescued and will look nice when the work is
done on it. What do you think of it? I wish it had the V-8, but...

Now I have to find out what Doc was talking about on the fender
flares...:-)) Anybody have some?

Ralph

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:

> As you all know the 74-77 Hornet Hatchback is my favorite car since
> have 2 74's. There were not many exterior changes between 74 & 77
except
> for the grill and tail light lens design. I am not a fan of the
Concord
> AMX body style. My friend had 2 of them so I got a close up look at
them
> from working on one. I didn't like the targa band on the roof on
the 77
> AMX or the 78. My main dislike was the fender flairs used in 78
versus
> the 77. The 77 flairs looked like they were designed for the car
where
> as in my opinion the 78's looked like they were an after thought
that
> some one threw on at the last minute and might have looked some what
> better if they were painted body color like the 77's. Also the 78
didn't
> have the rubber filler between the body and bumpers front or rear
like
> the 74-77 Hornet's which only made the ugly 5 mph bumpers look even
more
> out of place. The rear bumper on the 78 is a 74-77 Hornet bumper so
the
> Hornet rear filler could have been used. The front being a straight
> bumper would have needed a new one to be made for 78. It might have
been
> a much better looking car with 77 AMX flairs, they probably would
be a
> bolt on. I have had 77 AMX flairs and a rear louver on my yellow car
> since 79. The came off a new 77 AMX that didn't sell and I paid 50$
for
> every thing  new. For some reason AMC always had a quality problem.
> could see it in my 2 74's. My bought new yellow car was made in
Canada
> and the orange car made in the USA. The fit and trim, body lead
work and
> paint are the outstanding differences with the yellow Canadian car
being
> done much better the orange American car. I think the 78 Concord AMX
> would have been a real looker with 77 flairs painted body color,
bumper
> fillers, real louver painted body color and Eagle tail light in
place of
> the ones they used and no targa bar to clean up the roof. Also last
but
> not least the Javelin AMX grills and the Concord AMX grills look
like
> they were made in some ones basement with the outer frames crudely
rivet
> together and the mesh just popped in. As far as to why the
Hatchbacks