[BaadAssGremlins] I just saved a bunch of money by switching to...a diff

[BaadAssGremlins] I just saved a bunch of money by switching to...a different junkyard

  Last weekend, I tried to buy some Jeep parts at
Banks Auto parts in Fredericksburg, VA, but they
wanted $89 for a seat belt and two roof rack parts.
Counter guy said he wouldn't compete with CAP in
Richmond...ok by me! I left the parts there on the
counter and left, only 15 minutes of my time wasted.
  Went today to CAP, in the pouring rain, got my
"needed" parts for $18 for the seat belt, roof rack
parts, and some misc. small stuff. MUCH better deal, I
was then able to use the money I saved to buy some
Chev<ahem!>y van seats, captains chairs, for my
Utility van, for $25 each ( and still have money left
over after that ). I did buy a desperately needed
exhaust manifold at Banks a month ago, but they gave
me a price before I went in the yard, and it was
reasonable AND someone had pretty much disassembled
the motor already to get to it, a bonus. I figured
they'd be reasonable this time, but I got a different
counter-jock, and he wouldn't negotiate at all. Lost
MY business except in emergencies! CAP has a good
system, already priced per item, take it or leave it (
except for the occasional "Richard" who will try to
pull some stuff on ya - no offense to anyone here
named Richard.  :)   )
  So, luckily I planned for the correct tools and had
a cheap poncho with me, but still wound up soaked, I
took deck shoes to wade thru the water. Kept my shoes
dry, anyway. :) I changed back at my folks house. Had
my parts in about an hour.
  Only other AMC stuff there were two FSJ Grand
Waggy's, both with 360 motors. One had the roof
skewed, must have rolled it. The other was ok. Nothing
I needed on either, though.
  Had quite a few Cherokee's, so I had a selection to
pick from. I've pretty much got all the missing parts
now, just looking at upgrade stuff, such as :

 - sunvisors with lights - is the wiring in the pillar
already, anyone know?
 - found one Cherokee with the overhead light console,
I took it down partially, but didn't buy it, I needed
a bigger Philips to get the bracket screws out with (
no good with a console with no brackets to match ). It
had two wiring harnesses, one front, one back, wonder
what the chances are my Sport has them already? So I
just left it hanging. Would be nice to have, but I
don't really "need" it right now.

 So ended my jy excursion. I"m happy, my van will be
happier, my Jeep will be more complete, and I'll
slightly less broke. :) so, a good day, even if it was
raining most of it. That's all for me,

Jerry in Virginia

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/