Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Model Skills And Materials Needed For My1:1 Or

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Model Skills And Materials Needed For My1:1 Orange Hornet

Yes Scott I have an old dehydrator a friend gave me I modified t use or
my models and small 1:1 car parts to fast cure paint, especially enamel.
It has no fan. To regulate the temp there is an adjustment on the vents
in the lid. Close them and the temp goes up, open them it goes down. I
use a modified meat thermometer to check the temp. I usually run it at
110-120 degrees for plastic parts and 130-135 for metal parts.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- -DOC,
   You use a dehydrator too? The one you have, does it have a temp
control and a fan? This is a cool tool for model car builders and
others. My friend will paint a model, stick it in there and start
assembly after he pulls it out, all in the same day.
                        GOOD LUCK DOC
                           SCOTT

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Well it's time to be innovative again. On the automatic indicator
on the
> steering column the aluminum pointer with a day glow orange line to
> indicate which gear the auto tranny is in is in poor shape. Trying
> figure out how to repair this and make it look stock I had to dig
deep
> into my modeling skills and supplies to come up with a solution.
The
> solution is to use the bare metal foil used to make chrome trim on
> models to make the pointer and use a small paint brush and some
day glow
> orange paint to pain the fine line on the foil and spray some model
> clear cote over it all. All the seeming little things I do make the
> difference between an ordinary nice interior job and a real
outstanding
> professional looking job. Only a true car guy would might ever
notice
> these small details. I also need to see if in the help section at
the
> auto parts store I can get a new hand brake release replacement "T"
> handle. I think I saw them for Jeep's and they looked the same. If
not I
> will paint the original one with black enamel and bake the paint
for 2-3
> days in my dehydrator. I will use a water based white model paint
> paint the sunken brake release letters and wipe the excess paint
off
> leaving the white lettering showing and then clear cote the
handle. I
> also added a tac to the clock spot in the dash which has a day glow
> orange pointer like the Auto Meter gauges in the stock factory pod
so I
> will paint the factory speedo, fuel and water temp gauge needles
day
> glow orange to match. I know I am a pain for details but I can't
help
> it.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---