[BaadAssGremlins] Car Show

Went to the car show in the park this weekend. Weather really stunk. Yesterday it was hot as hell and today it rained all day. They had the awards ceremony early because of the rain. I like this show but it always is a little sad. You couldn't tell by the 90 degree heat but this means the summer is over. There will be shows through the end of October but the numbers will be way down. Most people start getting them ready for winter after this show. I think the final count for cars was 1304. One AMX, two Javelins, an Ambassador, one 64 Rambler with a 454 Blown Bowtie in it. I forgot my Gremlin. They give away a bunch of plaques but of course no AMC won. You would have to get hot rotting on a budget or something like that to win if you have an AMC. I only stick around for the awards because they do have decent door prizes and the grand prize is a $1000 that they draw for. You have to be present to win. The 50/50 winners share was $1500. Come to think about it about it I don't know why I stay for it I haven't won anything since the first year and I won a bucket full of junk. I would say a good fourth of the cars have for sale signs on them. People aren't ashamed to put 10 grand on anything that runs. 20+ is quite common. Cheapest thing I saw was a 30 something beat up Chevy for $6,500. The most expensive was a 32 Ford that I thought was a Prowler. I think they wanted 42 grand for it. The best deal was a 31 Hup. Look like a big old gangster car that they wanted 13,500 for. I didn't ask the price of the Rolls. Did get a lead on a Gremlin. It is about 50 miles away on car lot according to two guys that were talking to me. The only thing they knew about it was that it look good. They didn't even know the name of the car lot. Just told me how to get there. It might be gone by now they said it was there last weekend. I hate to waste the two hours and the $15 of gas for a wild goose chase but then it could be a V8 Gremlin X for $1500. What would you guys do? The only that gets me is my better half promised me that she would be go to the show with me this weekend. Took off work so she could go. Amazing she got sick. You know I don't expect her  to go with me to ever little show I go to but three or four a year wouldn't kill her. I guess if I got the second Gremlin I could tow one with the other one. Just kidding I don't think that would work.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS