Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Jerry's Gremlin Garage II photo available....

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Jerry's Gremlin Garage II photo available....

Jerry,
 Certified mason here! In CT that is. Sounds like you are starting out with a good base. I was in a similar situation 3 years ago. I had NO AMC's and no place to put them. I bought my house and it has 6 garage bays! BUt the roofs were in poor condition. And the bays were small. Basically enough room to park a car but no room to work. SO I began fixing the roof and I have knocked out the wall betweer 2 bays. I am still working on them as I get the $. Last bay still needs a new roof and a new floor.
 Davis

Jerry <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I put two new photos in my Gremlin GT's Gremlin GTs album on
BaadAssGremlins, they're the last two. One is of the rear "shop",
which will be turned into a garage, and the other is the storefront
of the building.
The garage is 23 deep x 34 feet wide, cinderblock with concrete
floor and outside concrete texture, one pole in the exact center to
support a metal beam. Long as I put the door to one side or the
other, I can get cars in and out with little problem, I think.
Mostly dry, but has a sag where the back support beam is attached to
the wall of the building, it's sagging from water damage in that one
area. Will need to shore it up to get the water to drain off that
part of the roof. Otherwise, a pretty nice shop to turn into a
working garage. My distant cousin ( former owner ) cleaned off the
brush seen in the photo before I took possession of the property.
Soon to be added is a 8' high fence, and then finding some
experienced mason to knock the Big Hole in the wall, and install a
garage door. Will probably go oversized, if eco-feasible.
Called last week to turn on power, but on Friday it was still off,
so not sure if it's "hot" or not yet. Should cost only $11.40 /
month for non-use, stand-by service. I can afford that. LOL. I'm
excited, I hope to get my cars off my aunt's farm this year before
winter, then start on my fleet at home. Once I get them pared down
to the "keepers", I can start serious work on them.
Well, that's all for now, I need to do more "housework", get back
to cleaning out the clutter. See ya'll,

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
Now a 2-garage owner...still can't fit all 24 cars inside, though!