Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: SEM Paint & Aerosol Products (PlasticDyeing)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: SEM Paint & Aerosol Products (PlasticDyeing)

Sorry Paul I have been doing this for so many years I sometimes do not
make it clear enough for the first time novice, no offence meant.
Plastic prep comes in a spray can and made by SEM. It is a cleaner that
removes old residue's and grease and oil from the item to be painted.
Tac it off means you use a tac cloth which is slightly sticky to remove
any dust, available at any automotive supply paint store. All plastic
parts needed to be sanded with 400# grit sand paper and then primed for
the paint to stick for it not to or peal off. SEM Sand Free in a spay
can and when sprayed on eliminates the need to sand the plastic and use
a primer as it chemical'y etches the plastic and preps it for paint to
adhere without chipping or pealing off. I hope that clears it up for
you.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Doc,
Thanks for the tip. The Wedgewood Blue on their site looks like a
pretty good match. I am not sure I understand the rest of your
message though. What is plastic prep? What is "tac"? What is "Sand
free"?
Thanks
Paul