[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Modeling Skills and 1:1 Restoration Combined

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@xxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 9/12/05 7:20:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> AMC74HORNET@xxxx writes:
>
> All  through the interior project on the orange car I used my  plastic
> restoration skills learned after 47 years of building models to  repair
> the interior plastic. I am an old cripple now who's hands shake at  times
> and have developed arthritis in my fingers too. On restoring the  column
> shift indicator I accidentally polished off part of some of the  trans
> indicator letters and no#'s. I haven't done this in a long time but  gave
> it a try anyway, I got out some white One Shot pin striping paint and  a
> small model paint brush and using the faint outline left of the  letters
> and no#'s hand painted them white like factory. They turned out  almost
> perfect. I used to pin stripe and letter 1:1 cars and trucks and  my
> models years ago. I even surprised myself as it has been 6-7 years  since
> I last did somthing like this.
> "Doc"
>

> Doc In my gremlin i used these sticker plastic letters and model paint to
> add ELEC. FAN and LIGHTS with silver paint where it said lights and wiper   from
> the factory and used chrome skulls for knobs.
> Bart

On the Hornet dash which is probably the same as the Gremlin where it said lights and wiper I painted the part and used Ronsonol cigarett lighter fluid to clean off the paint on the raised letters to expose them to the green light from the back. In the day light they look a white color.
I have all polished billit knobs on all the dash controls.
"Doc"