Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Ebay AMC's

Paul,
Rims arrived well and intact.
Hal

Paul Gable <pdgable@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I really can't figure out these people that list stuff on Ebay. Why list an item in this manner??

1971 AMC Javelin SST not Firebird or Camaro

Duh!! I am pretty sure we know that a Javelin is not a Firebird or Camaro. I mean I get confused every once in a while. Here is another one

1969 AMC RAMBLER 2 DOOR NO RESERVE NOT CHEVY FORD DODGE

I think people figure the only way someone would find their obscure AMC car is by people stumbling on their car when they were really looking for something else. This is just stupid salemanship. Even if you do happen to attract some Camaro buyer to a Javelin, will they want to pay as much for the car as say someone who actually was looking for a Javelin to begin with!!??

Ah, here is a cool one that is looking for people who want other AMC cars but surely they want my Gremlin!!

CLEAN 1972 GREMLIN X NOT AMX PACER RAMBLER OR REBEL

Arggh!! Am I  the only person in the world who finds these listing annoying!! Why put the word "NOT" in your title period!! Not really a good idea to use negativity to get someone interested in your car!!

I don't even understand this title

71 AMX JAVALIN "GO FAST PKG"!! REAL "Z"CAR! L/R AMC!!

First of all, "Javelin" is spelled wrong. It is not called a "Go Fast" Package, rather it is a "Go" Package. And what is the relevance of having a "Z" on the VIN if the car has a 360 rather than a 401?? Finally "L/R" Huh??  Also, if you read the ad, the whole thing is shouted out to you in large print all caps. It is nearly impossible to read.  Actually the car does not look half bad--especially with nice looking leather interior. Shame the guy selling it is an idjit.

Anyway,
That should do for ranting for today.
Paul

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS