-----Original Message-----
From: John W Rosa [mailto:JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

The blue Hornet hatchback that I just sold is being
re-assembled by its new owner, my neighbor, with some
assistance from myself. Today I laid out and tagged
the wiring harness, then placed it in the car
relatively close to where each connection belongs.

We also reinstalled a lot of the weather seals, the
mirrors, and inside door panels and attachments.

The steering column has been swapped out as the
original was column shift and the new one is from a
floor-shifted donor.

It is now wearing all four Magnum wheels (anyone got
two caps and trim rings lying around?) with the RWL
tires that were recently on my Spirit.

Next, the wiring will be finalized, then we'll go to
work on getting the dash in, then carpet, headliner,
all the trim pieces and seats.

Exterior doo-dads will wait 'til the drivetrain is
installed...which will, to my chagrin, be a Ford 5.0L
EFI and Auto trans. Hey- it ain't my car anymore!
It's really hard to blame him, tho, as his finances
suck worse than mine...and the drivetrain was given
to him, running great, in a battered '89 Ford van.

We'll be using 'universal' mounts on the original 6cyl
crossmember (he wanted my V8 piece but I said if your
gonna weld on and alter something, use the I6 piece).

He's got his eyes open for a 401/4spd setup, whenever
a bargain comes up on that...but for now, the 302 will
have to do. I'll be assisting to assure he isn't cutting
the harness up. We'll work around the original connections
and splice in where we must.

Heck...it could sit another year in the yard, or get back
on the road with the 302...and he wants to go back to AMC-
power as soon as the chance is given....so I'm forgiving
it...and actually assisting. But I ain't giving it my
blessing!! :)

Anybody with tips (other than 'dump the 5.0') or warnings
for such a swap, feel free to throw your thoughts in.

More as progress occurs.

John