[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Car show trophies,fair or not?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks, many of these mixed make car shows are not for originality, they
> are for show only. Fun, not competitive. I've been involved in many of these
> thru the years, and most judges either just LIKE  a vehicle or someone has
> really purdee paint. Sometimes the 'best of show' if given to a old timer
> who might not have much time left on this old earth.
>
> If you ever get into the photo galleries of my website, there are dozens of
> cars I used to show at different meets, and many at the Astrodome AutoRama
> which is a 5 star ISCA show. Not cheap to do, but standards are different
> than AMO judging. In other words, standards vary from meet to meet. One meet
> you will win a first, next meet you won't place, and next meet win a second
> place. Don't read too much into it.
>
> Some of the judges can't even spell AMC. At the Muscle Car Nationals here,
> the judges were going to deduct 10 points off every 68-70 AMX 'because the
> owners had removed the rear seat'. At the Astrodome, my 70 r/w/b Donohue was
> judged mistakenly twice, while the poor bastard who had paid $56 to show his
> stunning 72 Javelin, which was parked next to mine in the club display, got
> passed over. In other words, they forgot to judge his, and judged mine
> twice. He was pissed as he should be. I took a first, but was 'full closed'
> for the show, that means as the car would be seen on the street, closed
> doors, hood, trunk, which are automatically -30 points for each. however I
> was only one in the class, so won a big 5 foot trophy which with dozens of
> other trophies, as shoved in a forgotten corner of warehouse covered with
> dust and parts.
>
> Bart basically said it in one sentence "maybe this was the wow factor".
> Again, don't take it personally, there will be times you win first and
> didn't expect to even place! It all evens out, just don't forget the fun
> aspect of being there. And from my own personal experience in showing over
> 150 AMCs from the 1980s-on, if one goes to a meet expecting to win something
> they will be disappointed. Go to have fun and if it happens, it happens,
> just enjoy the meet and the folks there.
>
> Now let's see some photos of your Gremlin, post a link please.
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@xxxx
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> email volume is currently
> light; 4-7 day reply time;
> call if important

I agree with Eddie. Half of the Ford/Mopar/GM people now a days don't even know what an AMC is. I go for the fun of going out. I appreciate a nice car even if it is not an AMC. Don't hit me Bart!!! To bad more people don't have some of the same ideas as me.
"Doc"