[BaadAssGremlins] Re: L/R Front Side Marker lights, 72 Gremlin

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: L/R Front Side Marker lights, 72 Gremlin

Actually John, quite easy to find. AMC had a wonderful system that other
automakers would later copy. What is confusing however were numbers that
would sometimes be superceded later on same part. For instance, here is a
"lamp" (which is what it is, as it took a bulb) for the 70-72 01-40 Series.
This nOS one laying in my garage is Group #3.720 and AMC Part number
4489135. However, there were FOUR different part numbers that were before
this.
3212453
3636233
3631115
3633025

So if you go by your big ass 67-72 book, (or a AMC Collision Parts Manual)
it will appear as:
448-7453L (for left) and 52R (for right side) (4487452) for 1970 01 Series
(Hornet)
448-9135L (left) and 34R (right side) for 71-72 01 Series Hornet
448 8631L (left) and 30R (right side) for 70-72 40 Series Gremlin

This 'streamlined' if for AMC dealerships who could then look up one part
number, but 'by the book guys' could also look up the other numbers in the
network. Sort of the opposite now with computers, few people will reference
books at auto parts stores, if not in computer will gladly tell you N/A.

These lenses NOS for any of about usually command a low of about $30 to a
high of $60 depending on who/which vendor you are dealing with. Now armed
with the numbers you need, you can email a bunch of them, or call them, off
my vendors list to see if anyone can hook you up.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx