Re: [BaadAssGremlins] This is one Cool Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] This is one Cool Gremlin

Every now and then, if you are a fan of The Price is Right, they do retro
shows, mostly from 1972-74. There was one on just about 4 months ago, Bob
Barker had, well, black hair, and two of the cars given away, including one
in the Showcase Showdown, were AMC. One was a burnt orange Gremlin "American
Motors new Gremlin, equipped with their economy six cylinder engine and
automatic transmission!" boomed the announcer, not sure if it was Rod Roddy
back then. "The car also comes with the American Motors Buyer Protection
Plan" was also mentioned. Later in the showcase showdown, a new beige Hornet
Hatchback was given away, the contestants won both cars. Keep your eyes open
in tv guides, as they do these shows every so often and worth taping, not
only to see how we used to dress 30 years ago, but also nice to see what
prices were, and there there is the prizes.

PS: the fellow listed on the AZ title, Manny Atens, if you ever ned a rare
AMC steering wheel redone, like a rim blow, this is the guy, he has been on
my Planet Houston Vendors list since mid 1990s. And someone could have
bought his Gremlin, not on ebait, but from him, for $4500.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx