Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Brake help-77 hornet

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Brake help-77 hornet

Hey no problem Dan. I hope you don't need new drums. For some reason
they are hard to get and very expensive. Since you have a 77 what kind
of disc's do you have in the front? Kelsey Hayes or Bendix? I am not
sure what year they changed from the Kelsey's to the Bendix. I have 79
Bendix off of a Concord on my one 74.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Just bring a set of shoes and have them matched up, that is unless
you
> are going to one of them chain stores manned by idiots that only know
> what a computer tells them and can't read a book. Sounds to me like
you
> got the standard Hornet 6 cyl.  brakes. I never had a problem getting
> brake parts for both my 74 Hornets. One has the stock 74 Kelsey Hayes
> disc/drum set up and the other one has the stock Bendix disc/drum
set up
> off of a 79 Concord. I never go to a chain store for parts. I been
going
> to one local independent parts store 25 years now.
> "Doc"

Doc,

Thanks.  I noticed that there is a note on the drum surface that says
9.06" max machined diameter.  So I took a pair of shoes over the the
local parts store and asked for the shoes for a 73 hornet (their
computer indicated that those were 9" shoes).  They matched right up.
Thanks again for all the help.

Dan

--- End Message ---