Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Spare Parts Drying UP

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Spare Parts Drying UP

I agree about the laws changing and having to get rid of cars. I have my mothers old house which is getting to be a real pain but that is a different story. As long as I can remember we always had an old non running car sitting over there. Well, I have two cars sitting over there now. One is a 1984 LaBaron. The car is in great shape but it has been sitting for about 9 years. It was my wife's car. I drove it for about a year after she died and I just didn't like driving it. I thought I would let my youngest son have it. A couple of years ago I went to have it changed over to his name and since I never took it out my wife's name they said I would have to go to probate court again to get it changed. It would cost me twice as much to do this than what the car is worth. The second is an 87 Cougar. I agree this one is pretty much junk. My son decided about 4 years ago that the rear end would look better if he hit a tree with it. Other than that it was a decent car but the tranney went out. He said he was going to put a tranny in it and drive it back and forth to work. Well, that was about three years ago. I kind of like having the cars over there since no one is in the house. Besides the rear end being a little beat on the Cougar the cars don't look bad. All the glass intact the tires are up. Anyway we merged the city and county governments about a year ago. I think about 6 months ago most of the city laws went into effect in the county. Guess what last week I got big green stickers on both the cars saying they had to go. I have until next Friday. It ticks me off. Not AMC but two pieces of history going to the crusher. I haven't decided weather I am going to run up my Swastika or my red hammer and cycle up my flagpole.
Terry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS